so, people keep asking what we want for Christmas. let me start by saying we have been very very blessed this year and feel humbled by the love Heavenly Father has poured out on us. Before Jaxon was born, Doug and I both felt very strongly that I should stay home with him. It was a leap of faith to be sure, but every day Heavenly Father reminds us that as we listen to His counsel and promptings, He will take care of us. Just when I think He has blessed us beyond belief, He sends more blessings our way! I'm very grateful for the time I get to spend taking care of Jaxon and becoming a better wife and mom. And I am grateful for Doug's constant love and support.
We set some family goals after stake conference a few weeks ago. They are:
1. Get out of debt
2. Get Doug his CPA
3. Complete our family emergency binder and 2 year food storage.
I have some favorite websites I've been using to work on food storage and emergency preparedness. (http://foodstoragemadeeasy.net) But anything (cookbooks or recipes devoted to using food storage, shelves, food, etc) that would help us toward that goal would be great!
also, while i was making lemon pies this year for thanksgiving, i just squeezed the lemons by hand. a lemon juicer would be nice. :)
for Jaxon, we were thinking books. i like eric carle and dr seuss. but any favorite childrens books would be perfect. we are trying to start reading together as a family every night, to start a bedtime routine for jaxon. he's finally sort of sleeping through the night. ;) we go to sleep between 9 and 10. he wakes up around 4:30 to get a diaper change (he hates being wet or poopy), and then he usually wakes up when Doug gets up to get ready for work between 6 and 7.
we are really looking forward to spending time with family during Christmas. we feel like family is our greatest blessing. we love you all!
There is a link on my blog for a site called Prepared NOT Scared. I think that you would love it! Can't wait to see you all at Christmas!
ReplyDelete