Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Blogging

















So last night Doug and I went to Chris and Kristen's for FHE. We played a board game called Power Grid. It's a fun game, but it's long. Anyway, we love spending time with them.

While we were there, Chris said we really needed a blog. And I told him, actually, we already have one! I just didn't have everyone's emails to invite them, so a lot of good it did to have one, right?

Well, the other thing is that awhile ago I was determined to update our blog and let everyone know about it, but instead I got busy reading Kristen's and Christina's and Evalee's, and I got overwelmed! Lol. Their blogs are so cute, and they're so good at updating...So I decided to come back to it another day, and I just hadn't gotten back. But I guess we all have to start somewhere, so here goes.

Doug and I are loving being married. It's a lot of work, but so much fun. We celebrated his birthday at Tucanos with his family, and then I made an ice cream cake and invited everyone over to our house for that. Well, actually, I tried to make an ice cream cake. I worked at a bakery as a cake decorator for awhile, and I've made them before, so I thought no big deal. But I had forgotten that I had a conference at work that week, so I didn't have all day to work on it like I had been planning. So I tried to make it at the last minute, and it just turned into a huge sticky mess in the freezer. Doug helped me clean it up--we had to pull everything out of the freezer! We just stood in the kitchen laughing about it before everyone showed up. I should have taken pictures right? Yeah, I'll get better about that. I've never been good at carrying a camera around, but I think I'll have to start.

Anyway, we also just got our wedding photos, too, and I am so excited to put them in our albums, and start scrap booking with them. I'll post a few for you all to enjoy, too.

2 comments:

  1. Such CUTE pictures. I'm so glad you're so happy. And welcome back to the blogging world. I'm a fan of your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your wedding pictures! You look beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete