THE MOST IMPORTANT THING THAT HAS OCCURRED:
Henry Patton Taylor was born on June 13th, 2012 at 11:40 am Lovelace Woman's Hospital in Albuquerque, NM. 7lbs, 8.2 oz. What a wonderful blessing he is and has been since he was born. We love him so much.
| Henry 'Hank' Patton Taylor |
Things that have happened as a family:
We went to the balloon fiesta. I love going. It's always been one of the things I look forward to each year.
We have moved in with my parents. It's one of the most humbling things that I've ever had to do. We decided to do this with much prayer. The prophets have told us for a long time to get out of debt. We have moved in with them in order to get out of debt. I'm so grateful that my parents have allowed us to do this. They truly are wonderful people. Both Lydia and I are so blessed to come from wonderful parents that love and care for us.
Things of note regarding Doug:
It's been a year. I decided to leave SAIC because of the volatility of my job. Layoffs were taking place across the company. My boss that had been there for 20+ years decided to find other employment. Everything that I saw and I felt seemed to point to one conclusion, my job was in jeopardy. I followed my old boss to her new employment as Qinetiq North America. I get paid roughly the same that I did at SAIC, but I have more job security.
Let's see, what else, I have grown a goatee. I stabbed myself on July 3rd with a knife while preparing a brisket. I ended up with 2 stitches. I stepped on a nail last week and got a tetanus shot.
Things of note regarding Lydia:
She is working hard on raising our 2 little boys. She has made the back part of my parents house a home for us. She continues to amaze me at how she can transform just about anything into something amazing. She is working on a curriculum for Jaxon as he continues to learn and progress. She is my rock. She makes life so much more enjoyable for everyone around her. I'm just glad I get to be around her more than just about anyone else (Jaxon and Hank have me beat there).
Things of note regarding Jaxon:
He is a character. He loves baseball. He'll say no to anything, but if I ask him if he wants a baseball, he'll say, 'uh-huh', without fail. He loves to growl and make the face above. He loves his little brother. He calls Henry, 'Heddy'. He loves Mickey Mouse, Curious George, and Blue from Blue's Clues...oh and Daniel Tiger. He loves to do the dishes, mainly to play in the water. He loves to play 'Fee Fie' with me, which consists of me saying in a deep voice the Jack in the Beanstock phrase 'Fee, Fie, Foe, Fum', and then chase him around the house. He's also the craziest climber in the world. He has no fear. He'll climb anything and everything. He doesn't care if he falls, he knows that mom and dad will be there to fix him up. He is a wonderful, sweet, amazing boy. I love him more than I can express.
Things of note regarding Henry:
What a blessing. Right now he has a miserable cold. He has the coughs and running nose. Even with that misery, he is a joyful little guy. He is easy to smile and quick to laugh. He LOVES being held. He's almost crawling. He scoots himself around to taste everything on the floor. He is curious about everything. He has the most adorable blue eyes (thanks to dad;) ). I love that little boy so much it hurts sometimes. Lydia and I are so blessed to have him in our family.
Well, I'll try to add more later, but until then, thank you for everything you have done for our family.
Doug
AWE!! I'm sooo happy you updated your blog! This is sooo cute!
ReplyDelete